Dutch Apple Cruises is committed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, For the past several weeks, we have implemented an enhanced set of procedures and cleaning processes. While the cleaning process of our boarding facility and vessel has always been robust, we have taken further steps to invest in CDC recommended disinfectants and will continue to evaluate our cleaning procedures. Dutch Apple Cruises passengers and employees health and safety is our top priority. All guests must adhere to social distancing while in our facilities and while standing in line to board our vessel. The following measures will be taken to keep our guests and staff safe:
- Passengers temperatures will be taken upon boarding (touchless).
- Employees temperatures will be taken daily and they will be required to wear a facemask and gloves, while in public.
- Frequently touched surfaces on our boarding facility, vessel and ticket office, such as door knobs, handles, ticket counters, and hand rails, will be wiped down with disinfectant on a recurrent basis.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at numerous places aboard the vessel for passengers and employees to utilize.
- Sneeze guards have been installed on the bar top areas and in the ticket office.
- Floor decals are present to show proper social distancing.
- Passengers will be assigned designated seating for their party only. Seating will be arranged 6 ft apart for social distancing.
- Congregating in in communal areas will not be permitted.
- Passengers will be asked to wear face masks whenever they are not at their designated seating area (while walking around the boat and in communal areas).
- Passengers will be required to give their name and contact information, for possible future tracing purposes.
For more information on how you can help to stop the spread of COVID 19, please visit:
- CDC How to Protect Yourself & Others from COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- CDC Use of Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
You are NOT allowed to bring any outside liquids or beverages on board (even bottle water). We have a full bar where you can purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Ice water is also available free of charge.
You CAN bring food on sightseeing cruises. We also have a snack bar on board with light fare for purchase (hot dogs, chips, ice cream & candy).
We cruise rain or shine. The Dutch Apple offers the protection of two fully enclosed and heated/ac decks. We also have an open area top deck with seating and tables for nicer sunny days.
All cruise ticket sales final and are NON REFUNDABLE or EXCHANGEABLE. We do not offer refunds on cruise tickets under any circumstances.
Dutch Apple Cruises has a free parking lot available right on site.
Sightseeing tickets for adults are $19.95. Children 2 years and under are free of charge. Children 3 years to 10 years are $12.00 (above 10 years is adult price). Seniors tickets are $18.95. We also offer AAA & Military discounted rates of $18.95 ticket.
We do have many people in wheelchairs come on our cruises, but we are not legally handicapped equipped. We have a ramp to board the boat and deckhands that will assist upon boarding. Passengers board on the mid deck area – the person in the wheelchair would be confined to the inside area on this deck. This deck is also where our bar and snack bar is located. Our bathrooms are located on the lowest deck, which requires the use of stairs (the bathrooms are smaller as well and are not handicap accessible).
Dutch Apple Cruises is located at 141 Broadway, Albany, NY 12202. We are located on the Hudson Riverfront, right next to the USS Slater. For directions, please CLICK HERE.
We accept, cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express.
Sightseeing cruises leave from 141 Broadway, Albany, NY and head south on the Hudson River. We will get to Van Weis Point (just shy of Castleton, NY) and then turn around and head back to Albany. The first half of the cruise there will be narration, the second half music is played.
Our Hudson River Historian will narrate about the history of Albany. They will discuss current events in the industrial port area and tell fun facts about the beautiful homes along the riverfront. They will also point out the wildlife along the Hudson River – hopefully you will get to see a bald eagle (we do on almost every trip!)
With your safety in mind, we suggest low heeled or soft soled shoes. Dress weather appropriately (Spring & Fall you might want to bring a jacket). If you plan on buying alcoholic beverages you will need a government issued ID with photograph. Don't forget to bring your binoculars for eagle sightings!
The Dutch Apple cruise season runs from mid to end of April (weather permitting) through the end of October.